Click on any photo for detail
This instrument was constructed for and used as our shop demo guitar, intended to show our visiting customers some of the most beautiful, toneful, and desirable upgrades available. Of course due to COVID, we haven’t been open for visitors, so it hasn’t been used much and is in great shape. Having done its duty for our purposes, it’s time for us to pass it on. The new price for this guitar would be over $7k but this gently broken in masterpiece is available now for 5350 usd
Jol Dantzig is known for instruments that blur the lines between the Gibson and Fender disciplines.
These guitars do not attempt to be all things to all people, but instead embody the spirit of both in a unique way.
Instead of being neither fish nor fowl as many “hybrid” designs are, this Milano provides a sanctuary of usable tones and colors waiting for the seasoned guitarist to discover.
Like many of our models, The Milano was conceived as a powerhouse, humbucker guitar that any Fender player would be comfortable with. The Yang to the Yin is that Gibson players find its glassy cleans a revelation as well.
The ultra low neck pitch will be comfy for bolt-on players too. Despite its seemingly simple layout, it is remarkably appointed—and versatile. It stands at the ready for your singular six-string journey.
Take your gear arsenal to the next level for less than a custom build.
The variegated nickel finish on custom machined locking bridge and tailpiece adds a distinctive touch. Bridge height is adjusted via a small allen wrench inserted into the studs. Both bridge and tailpiece are locked in place.
Note the close positioning of the volume control, perfect for volume swells.
Rosewood headplate contrasts with the white limba neck and ivoroid tuner buttons. Open back Tone Lok tuners are rock solid and don’t require multiple wraps.
Beautiful, lightweight one-piece limba body with deep cutaway. Finish is nitrocellulose lacquer, hand rubbed in the “French polish” tradition for a warm glow that is friendly to the touch.
Brazilian rosewood fretboard features wild and distinct grain colors, with the “Claw” inlay at the 12th fret position.
22 medium oval frets with access provided by a deep cutaway.
Our vintage correct “bat” handle switch tip and deep knurl nut adds detail.
The well-considered and welcome upgrades include:
- One-piece, semi hollow, white limba (Korina) body
- One-piece, white limba (Korina) neck
- Highly figured, hand carved flame maple top
- Ultr6lbs 9.5oz
- Multi-ply cellulose binding, body and neck
- Brazilian rosewood fingerboard
- Sperzel open-back Tone Lok tuning machines with ivoroid buttons
- Ultra low neck pitch for “bolt-on” string height
- Pair of John Grail “Grailbucker” pickups
- Variegated nickel custom machined locking bridge and tailpiece
- Custom machined graphite impregnated bridge saddles by Graph Tech®
- Bournes volume and tone pots, with treble bleed circuit
- Rosewood headplate with gold inlet logo
- Ox bone string nut
- Low-mass single rod, double adjustable truss rod
- Hand-rubbed “French polish” style nitro finish
- Small “V” vintage neck shape
- Seven piece, abalone & pearl “Claw” inlay @12th fret
- 25.5” “compensated” scale
- Cedar Creek deluxe black alligator, fitted caseTake your gear arsenal to the next level for less than a custom build.Contact Jol directly using the email button on this page
(Shipping calculated based on actual cost)